I saw this book tag on Sara @The Bibliophagist’s blog and it looked like fun so I decided to play.
- I read everything I could lay my hands on as a child. I did not discriminate, I read every genre.
- I still read most genres but not science fiction and I don’t like fantasy either. I started reading more poetry and nonfiction this year when Mo and I started our blog.
- I get distracted a few minutes into listening to audio books so I stick to written books.
- I have over 100 books which I have bought but haven’t read and I am unable to resist adding more to this haul. I know I need help or deliverance or both…
- I’ve been reading mainly books by Nigerian authors and publishers for the past two years. I’m really enjoying this phase.
- I read physical books exclusively until 2016 when I started reading e-books. I rarely read physical books now. E-books are just so convenient and of course, it helps that they are cheaper.
- After hauling boxes of books during my last house move, I’ll be sticking to e-books. Thank you very much!
- Until we started the blog in February this year, I rarely ever re-read anything. I still re-read books only if I have to write a review of the book for the blog.
- I don’t like marked books and I don’t mark my books.
- I love talking about books but I don’t like attending literary events.
- I don’t like book snobs, you find some in literary events. 🙂 People should read what they love reading and stop trying to keep up with the Joneses. I think reading should be a pleasurable experience.
- Now that my books are on my phone, I read several times a day but mainly at night before going to bed and first thing in the morning, if I wake up early enough.
- Before 2016, I finished nearly every book I started reading no matter how horrendous it was. Since I started buying a lot more books because I changed to e-books, I have had more DNFs because there are so many good books available, it doesn’t make sense to read books I don’t like to the end. Only exception I make now is if we are reviewing the book for the blog.
- Most of my family and friends do not read for pleasure so I’m the odd one out. Perhaps I should start a mission to convert everyone to the good side. 🙂
- The best gift is to hear people say they read a book I recommended and enjoyed it as much as I did.
- My favourite trope used to be second chance romance but it irritates me now. Why don’t people just communicate better?
- My favourite genre is contemporary romance. As Mo would say, what’s life without a little bit of romance hey…
- I rarely read hyped books. I am yet to read a hyped book which lived up to the hype.
- I’d rather be at home reading a book than out socialising.
- My pet peeve when I’m reading is seeing a lot of editing errors.
- My one book wish would be to buy books for people who love reading but can’t afford to read. I do so already but would love to do it on a bigger scale.
- I do not have a favourite book.
- I never thought I’d be a book blogger yet here I am blogging about books.
- I get bored reading big books. I want to finish a book and move on to the next quickly.
- I love reading. Duh!
So that’s 25 bookish facts about me. I won’t tag anyone but if you are reading this, please feel free to join the fun and link back to me so I can read about you too!
Can you relate to any of my bookish facts? Please share in the comments section.
Categories: Lady B's corner, Musings
I also hate book snobs. It’s quite annoying to be around people who think unless you are reading a literary overhyped book, then you can’t actually call yourself a book lover. That’s a load of horse dump. I read almost anything but sci fi. All I’m looking for is a good book that makes me sigh with pleasure after.
Even if isn’t written by a literary giant 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
We have something[s] in common 🎶 ☺️
I can’t say that I have a favorite book either. Interesting that you’re so into ebooks! I’m still hung up on having the physical, although I do read ebooks. I feel like audio are okay as long as they aren’t too in depth. We do have some things in common! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
I surprised myself too. I went from not reading e-books at all to only reading e-books. Yes, we do! Always nice when someone else identifies with your bookish facts. ☺️
LikeLiked by 1 person